Blogs & Bloggers
|Nov 06, 2002 10:09 pm
||Bookmarklet for Content Creators - beta testers wanted
| Shannon Clark|
|| Hi all,
My company, JigZaw Inc has developed a bookmarklet driven web application that uses web services to assist content creators in the creation of book related content on their pages (or web logs).
Below is some more information on the application, if you are interested in taking part in our beta test which will start later this week, please contact me privately.
In the initial version it does the following:
- Bookmarklet for PC's or Macs
- takes input from a highlighted piece of text, opens up a window with that text
- Searches Amazon.com (via Web Services) for a matching book - if multiples found, returns the list for selection,
- if unique book found - returns consolidated set of data about the book, with "buy if from Amazon" links (with Amazon.com associate ids embedded) - both displays this and provides full HTML for cutting and pasting into website under development
Future enhancements will include:
- integration with Google (via Google API) to select best matching external (Non-Amazon.com) websites as optionally inclusion in generated HTML
- integration with ISBN.nu website to offer alternative pricing/information source as a link
- configurable options for what data to display - from just a textlink to Amazon to even more information
- integration with Blogger API for immediate integration into a weblog
- RSS feed option - offering the data stream on a scheduled/subscribable basis - possibly unique for a given website - this would allow for live pricing information for example
If you are interested, I'll send you the access information, probably on Friday of this week. We plan on modifying the application rapidly based on the input of the beta testers.
(to see a sample of the content it generates, look at my post today at http://searchingforthemoon.blogspot.com
Private Reply to Shannon Clark (new win)