Since you are looking for some good Web 2.0 resources, let me give you a few:
1) Get on the SpeakerNetNews Mailing List. The only thing required for being on the list is the submission of a business tip once-a-quarter. That's a real good deal - especially if you would like to establish a meaningful connection with the National Speakers Association.
2) Create for yourself a Twitwall. Then, invite other folks to contribute to the contents of your wall. In fact, feel free to check out my wall. Click the feedback button and add something wonderful to my wall. That something wonderful could be a picture, video or even news of a special event. By all means, be creative. As you know, Web 2.0 innovation is all about allowing other folks to submit the content that draws attention to you. A Twitwall can do that rather effectively.
3) Again, speaking of Twitter-related applications, check out Tweetworks. Since you are involved in marketing, you would most-likely enjoy the forum called "Marketing 2.0."
4) If you have yet to use Squidoo and connect your Squidoo lens to Squidoo Groups, this is something else which could create "significant buzz" for your agenda. Want proof? Just take a look at what a little Mom and Pop Thai restaurant has been able to accomplish. Visit Ting's Thai Kitchen. On that page you should see a list of 40+ Squidoo Groups which are showcasing that one lens. Yes, by all means, give other folks the opportunity to showcase your capabilities.
5) While this is not really Web 2.0 innovation, it is definitely reaching out to folks in a practical fashion via the Internet. Combine Skype VOIP Service with Yugma's Desktop Sharing Service. And, to that I would also add Skype's plug-in, Pamela. This program is an automated virtual assistant. Pamela can answer your phone, make phone calls, send faxes, record MP3's for slide show presentations, assist with both blogging and podcasting.
6) Would you like to get on the inside track with the Chamber of Commerce crowd? If the answer is "yes," you need to join Briz.com.
7) Finally, one of the most versatile and down-right gorgeous business networks I have even been privileged to join is TeamCircle. Like so many things in life, you have to experience it to appreciate it.
CDMM - Synergistic Business Marketing
Attract more customers!
Private Reply to Lamar Morgan 954-603-7901 (new win)