User Experience (Usability)
|Mar 23, 2006 5:57 pm
||Senior Usability Engineer opening at Oracle, Bangalore
| Amit Pande
|| The Senior Usability Engineer position is based out of Oracle's facility in Whitefield, Bangalore.
The Senior Usability Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of product usability. This position will take a leadership role in making the usability of Oracle’s enterprise application products the best possible, in coordination with other Interaction Design, Product Strategy, and Development stakeholders. Successful candidates will have a passion for bringing forth the users’ perspective in the design of new products, while instilling the User Centered Design process across the product development lifecycle. They will work as part of an established User Experience team to drive future design directions for Oracle’s enterprise applications.
Specific job responsibilities
• Define, plan and execute overall usability and user research plans. Identify and apply appropriate methods at different stages for different types of enterprise products
• Develop qualitative and quantitative tools and methodologies for data collection, evaluation, and reporting of usability issues to design and strategy stakeholders
• Conduct high level task and workflow analyses, usability evaluations, prototype reviews, comparative product analyses, cognitive walkthroughs, and overall user research
• Contribute towards user requirements gathering, scenarios and storyboards, user profiles and personas, through customer site visits, interviews, focus groups, and surveys
• Conduct formative and summative usability testing to identify usability barriers and validate product features. Recruit test participants, setup usability lab, plan and conduct lab based testing for one or more application product domains
• Manage overall usability engineering efforts, log usability issues and usability metrics, conduct audio/video recordings, analyze and report on test findings, and interface with administrative staff to maintain usability labs
• Contribute to Oracle’s knowledge base of tools, methods, and best practices through new research on Human Computer Interaction
• 5 years or more of related experience addressing usability and user experience as part of software or product development
• Masters or Ph.D. in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Design, Ethnography, Industrial Engineering or Human Factors, Psychology or equivalent
• Experience in maintaining and using usability lab setups for data collection with test participants. Skilled in designing and implementing reliable and repeatable experiments
• Experience in applying User Centered Design and user research at every stage of product development
• Strong project management and delivery skills with ability to handle multiple stakeholder projects and maintain strong working relationships
• Excellent communication and consultative skills – ability to write, speak, and represent information effectively using various media
• Familiarity with HCI research and methods and industry standards, especially for web and software product usability
• Strong analytical and research foundations, and good statistical skills
• Familiarity with different development tools and system architectures, and enterprise software domains such as CRM and Manufacturing is a plus
• Familiarity with basic prototyping tools is a plus
How to Apply
Email your resumes and portfolios to:
Amit S. Pande
Manager | EnterpriseOne User Experience
Oracle India | Whitefield, Bangalore
Phone: +00-91-80-41591000 (6424)
About Oracle Applications User Experience
The Applications User Experience group at Oracle is a centralized team that provides comprehensive interface design, usability engineering, and user interface research for Oracle’s enterprise applications. Team members have experience in a wide variety of disciplines, including cognitive psychology, graphic design, interaction design, usability engineering, and computer science with a specialization in Human Computer Interaction (HCI). The group is spread across Redwood Shores and Pleasanton in California, Denver, Boston, Canada, the UK, and Bangalore and Hyderabad in India.
The group follows a user-centered design methodology that includes activities such as user research, heuristic evaluations, prototyping, competitive evaluations of products, and formal usability testing. In addition, we manage extensive laboratories for usability evaluations and research projects in areas such as information visualization, mobile computing, universal access, and distance learning. Advanced projects are also carried out in collaboration with university partner labs. These labs are located across US and international locations and are equipped with high end equipment to cater the needs of local and remote usability testing, collaborative design and user research.
Visit http://ui.us.oracle.com to more about the global Oracle Applications User Experience Group
About Oracle User Experience, Bangalore
Oracle has an established Applications User Experience team in Bangalore. Working closely with the Denver team, the team currently focuses on the mid-market JD Edwards EnterpriseOne product line.
Visit http://www.oracle.com/applications/jdedwards-enterprise-one.html for more information on the Oracle EnterpriseOne product line.
Private Reply to Amit Pande (new win)