User Experience (Usability)
|Mar 27, 2004 12:54 am
||UI Designer position in Fort Lauderdale, FL (26-Mar-04)
| Wayne Pendley
|| We have an immediate need in Fort Lauderdale, FL for a Senior User Interface Designer
The primary role of this position is to design the user interfaces of Citrix products developed in the US by applying established usability techniques throughout the product development cycle.
This position will also involve documenting UI design requirements, creating prototypes for usability testing, addressing global design issues across product line, and working with product management and engineering to implement designs.
Must have solid expertise in the practical application of User-Centered Design. A minimum of 5 years experience designing user interfaces for commercial software products is required. An ideal candidate will have participated in creating, conducting, and analyzing usability studies; have performed heuristic evaluations and task analyses; produced detailed screen designs with appropriate documentation; and have strong communication and leadership skills. The ability to synthesize a cohesive UI design from complex technical requirements and user data is important.
A Masters degree or higher is preferred in an area related to usability, such as psychology, human factors engineering, or human-computer interaction.
· Communicate usability design principles and processes to other engineers using a collaborative, flexible approach.
· Identify stakeholders for each UI design and incorporate their input into the design and development process.
· Prepare design considerations documents which set out the goals of the UI design process for individual products. These documents should clearly identify the goals and constraints imposed by the stakeholders.
· Build conceptual models of products as the basis for UI design.
· Produce quick low-fidelity / mid-fidelity UI mock-ups for usability testing.
· Run small sample usability studies with tight design feedback loops.
· Lead design reviews and perform walkthroughs with key stakeholders and representative users.
· Team with engineers to determine the feasibility of designs in terms of the available technology.
· Conduct usability tests with system administrators and end users. Incorporate tests results into iterative design enhancements.
· Prepare detailed UI specification documents which clearly describe the layout, navigation, and interaction of all elements in screen designs.
Pay and benefits are very competitive.
Relocation assistance *is* available.
No agencies or third parties please.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you saw this ad on Ryze, please attach the following info to your cover letter:
Referred by Citrix employee: Wayne Pendley
Dept: Product Development
Contact Info: email@example.com x26168
Position Title: Senior User Interface Designer
Private Reply to Wayne Pendley (new win)