User Experience (Usability)
|Apr 27, 2004 12:46 pm
||re: Morae Summary...
| Kyle Pero
|| FYI - This was a message posted on SIGIA-L...
Thanks to everyone who responded with their first impressions of using Morae
for lab-based usability testing. Overall, it sounds like a great tool and it
seems to be the only real usability testing software with built-in recording
for under $1k that we know about. I've listed the pros and cons below:
| -- Pros --|
- Great automatic correlation of keystrokes, mouse clicks, window changing
events, etc., to user behavior.
- No significant impact on performance while recording the session and the
file created is extremely compact (compared to straight avi files, say).
- You can very quickly pull together highlights videos.
|-- Cons --|
- Can't actually record moderator comments keyed to the video.
- Some difficulty getting the webcam bits working.
- Issues with getting the remote logger working (task start/end flags).
|-- nate bolt
|-- bolt peters user experience
Private Reply to Kyle Pero (new win)