User Experience (Usability)
|Sep 16, 2004 7:33 am
||Hiring for PeopleSoft - Covansys Usability lab in Bangalore
| Amit Pande
As PeopleSoft IDC, Covansys is building a Usability and User Experience Innovation lab in Whitefield, Bangalore. We are hiring Usability Engineers, Interaction Designers, User researchers, and professionals/researchers in Human Computer Interaction.
This team will work with PeopleSoft’s Pleasanton and Denver usability teams, across the Enterprise and Enterprise One suite of products. This team is expected to grow to a few dozen people by next year.
In addition to formal usability testing, product evaluations, Total Ownership Experience (TOE) metrics, and usability research, there will forthcoming opportunities to work with user communities in the emerging markets, as well as localization challenges in the Asia-Pacific.
• Conduct task analyses, usability tests, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, site visits, focus groups and related user research.
• Iterate with product development to develop plans for gathering user feedback.
• Analyze and synthesize information to be communicated back to product teams. Report on concrete, actionable recommendations that teams can use to fix problems found.
• As needed, create digital highlights/videos of user behavior & present to product teams.
• Participate actively in directed research for international representations at CHI, UPA, IEEE, and other usability forums.
Skills and Qualifications
• Stellar in bringing the user’s perspective into the design and development process
• Familiar with usability and HCI research and methods, especially the web dimension
• Passion for Usability Engineering with successful experience in software/web development environment. Experience with web development tools a plus.
• Very good understanding of User-Centered Design practices and principles
• Skilled in designing and implementing reliable and repeatable experiments
• Functional knowledge of CRM, HR, Financials or Supply Chain Management preferred
• Experience of 1-6 years, ideally, with an advanced degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction or a related discipline
Contact Information for CV submissions and further enquiries
Amit S. Pande
Manager, Usability Practice
PeopleSoft India Development Center
Covansys (India), 4th Floor, Diamond District
Airport Road, Bangalore - 560017 INDIA
Private Reply to Amit Pande (new win)