User Experience (Usability)
|Dec 01, 2004 8:52 am
||urgently wanted: talented and capable people for bangalore based user research firm.
| priya george
|| hi all,
below is a short note on the company i work with, along with 8 profiles for HR positions we are looking to fill immediately. please respond as soon as possible to my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with resumes, connections, etc...
thanks so much,
CKS is a usability research and interaction design practice. We evaluate and design products, services and business strategies to aid communication and technology usage, in emerging economies. Our edge lies in synthesizing user research insights with innovative design to create contextually relevant products and services. The CKS portfolio of clients includes technology houses, international developmental agencies and grassroots organizations.
The thrust of CKS work has been on emerging technologies with a focus on mobile telephony. CKS is actively involved in creating new phone concepts, interfaces, mobile applications and services to design an enhanced user experience. Our public domain initiatives include ‘Learning Lab’ and ‘Used in India’.
‘Learning Lab’, seeks to introduce mobile devices as educational tools in primary and higher education. Whereas, ‘Used in India’ is a multimedia installation, which will showcase innovative media devices and local narratives of their use, in India, from the 20th century. CKS is also in the process of creating South Asia’s first ever Information Design Gallery at its new premises.
Moreover, In March 2005, CKS will present the internationally acclaimed Doors of Perception Conference 8, which brings together leading thinkers, corporate leaders, researchers, designers, and artists, to compare case studies and present arguments that will help us understand the infrastructures and platforms needed to enable social innovation.
http://www.ict4d.info (site is under reconstruction, so please bear with any inconvenience!)
CKS is now looking for capable individuals for the 7 positions outlined below:
1. New Media Designer
The primary responsibility will be to create web and interactive documents and environments for the organization. He/she should be inventive and be able to ideate and implement complex visual themes independently.
The candidate ought to possess prior professional experience in similar roles. He/she should be open to and capable of translating his knowledge to create emerging applications like Mobile Gaming or experimenting with new intersections, say between Flash and GIS/GPS Remote sensing imagery.
1. Should preferably have a visual design background
2. Should have at least two years of intensive professional experience in the programming/coding aspect of the development of web and interactive technologies
3. A thorough knowledge of the latest in web and interactive technologies like CSS, XML, and tools such as Movable Type, Flash (including intermediate to advanced Action Scripting) is essential
4. Should be capable of deploying, updating, maintaining and troubleshooting the environments he creates
5. The ability to think multimodally- as a visual designer as well as programmer
2. Usability Researcher
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, coordinate and manage usability research projects for the organization.
The candidate will have proven skills in designing, facilitating and carrying out both lab and field based usability studies and research. The candidate will have the required skills to assess user needs and elicit data and narratives from subjects. He/she should be able to conduct contextual inquiry, create surveys and questionnaires and be knowledgeable in qualitative research methodologies such as focus group, depth-interviews, and heuristic and user interface evaluations.
1. Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Human Factors, Psychology or behavioral sciences.
2. Knowledge of usability testing, techniques of usability enhancement and field study methods
3. Ability to design and conduct usability studies and carry out contextual inquiry.
4. Proven interview and observation skills
5. Proficiency in statistics, data analysis, and survey design/administration desirable.
6. Proficiency in clearly communicating results in written documents and presentations.
7. Excellent collaboration and organization skills
3. Qualitative Market Researcher
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, coordinate and manage qualitative research projects for the organization.
The candidate should have proven expertise in conducting market research and analysis. We expect the candidate to have the necessary skills to design survey questionnaires and research methodologies. He/she should be able to carry out secondary and primary research and competitive analysis. Finally, he/she should be able to sift through collated data in order to draw insightful conclusions and make sound design, usability and other recommendations.
1. B.A. or M.A. in market research, business management, or behavioral sciences
2. 3+ years market research and consulting experience with a strong theoretical and practical knowledge of qualitative research methods and techniques
3. Ability to think innovatively about research and design
4. Strong moderating, interviewing and presentation skills
5. Demonstrated interpersonal and business communication both written and spoken
6. Knowledge of one or more vernacular languages
7. Ability to turn business problems into researchable questions and elicit ideas from users/subjects for concept designs
8. Expressed interest in emerging technology
The candidate will be required to conduct detailed and informed ethnographic studies of subjects for research projects, largely in the ICT domain. The position will involve close working relationships with fellow researchers, designers and clients for the further development of user-centered ICT products. We require a hands on and insightful person who carry out ethnographic observation, interviews, usability studies, diary studies, contextual inquiries, web-tracking, and heuristic evaluations.
1. Master’s degree in Sociology, Social Anthropology, Mass Communication, Photography or film (FTII)
2. Strong knowledge of, and extensive experience using ethnographic research methodologies
3. Experience using digital photography and videography during fieldwork
4. An ability to work independently with minimal supervision
5. Excellent analytical skills and an ability to translate raw data into actionable information
6. Experience in working within cross-functional teams and various levels of management
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills
8. Detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task
5. Administrative Operations Manager
The primary responsibility is to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day managerial and administrative functions of the organization.
1. Ensure smooth running of day-to-day administrative activities
2. Act as a point person for external agencies and suppliers.
3. Handle all financial and billing related activities at work
4. Help plan the organization’s annual business plan and create regular financial reports
5. Communicate information to office activities effectively among various workgroups
6. Create and implement guidelines relating to equipment use, official travel policies etc.
The candidate must possess at least 5 years of administrative experience and have excellent English, Kannada and Hindi or Tamil speaking skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and an ability to communicate with diverse groups is a must. Moreover, the ideal candidate will be a capable and mature individual who will exercise discretion in dealing with clients and with confidential information.
6. Technology Officer
The primary responsibility is to ensure that all technical needs of the organization are met.
1. Plan, acquire, maintain and upgrade hardware, software and communication equipment
2. Create robust systems and processes for information management, storage and transfer
3. Troubleshoot all technology related matters in a timely, efficient manner
4. Have a keen interest in new technologies, software applications and take initiative to integrate them into existing workflows.
The candidate must possess a degree in computer applications, systems management or related subjects. He must be highly hands on in his approach to work, competent and have a solid grounding in systems management. Knowledge of HTML is necessary. An interest in design software, emerging technology applications is a definite plus.
7. Executive Assistant
The executive assistant will be required to assist the CEO by carrying out all secretarial and clerical duties in an efficient manner.
1. Help plan and schedule daily appointments, tasks and meetings for the CEO
2. Manage all his day-to-day correspondence, letters, faxes, and emails
3. Maintain an up-to-date and accurate database of contacts
4. Handle all domestic and foreign travel arrangements for the CEO and other personnel
5. Manage the minutes of important meetings and create efficient systems for the filing and maintenance of such documents.
The candidate ought to be an articulate and well-groomed graduate with at least 2 years of secretarial experience. He/she will be proficient in written and spoken Business English, Kannada and/or Tamil and possess excellent note-taking skills. Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, superiors, subordinates and other employees is a must.
8. Graphic Designer
Profile to be updated shortly, graphic designers with 3-4 years experience may apply.
Private Reply to priya george (new win)