|Oct 28, 2007 8:34 pm
||re: re: re: re: re: Thread:Indian Heritage Architecture
| Shobha(usha) gowri
|| The second is something many people miss when they go to Thirupathi-Tirumala
Down in Tirupathi are these famous temples:
Sri Govindarajaswami Temple, Tirupati:
A very important shrine it has the Lord lying down with a bundle under his head.
He is the treasurer/financier of the Lord of Tirumala-Balaji.
why is he lying down?because he became so tired counting the money!!!
Even today the books from Tirumala are brought down to him first and he is shown the accounts!!!
The temple also has all the following shrines-so you will need time to see all
The sub-temples in its premises are:
* Sri Parthasarathiswami Temple
* Sri Kalyana Venkateswaraswami Temple
* Sri Andal Temple
* Sri Salai Nachiyar Ammavari Temple
* Sri Ramanuja Temple
* Sri Vyasaraya Anjaneyaswami Temple (Near Dwajasthambham)
* Sri Tirumangai Alwar Temple.
* Sri Kurath Alwar Temple
* Sri Madhurakavi Alwar Temple
* Sri Chakrathalwar Temple.
* Sri Mudal Alwar Temple.
* Sri Manavala Mahamuni Temple.
* Sri Vedantha Desikar Temple.
* Sri Woolu Alwar Temple.
* Sri Anjaneyaswami Temple(Near outer Bugga).
* Sri Nammalwar Temple.
* Sri Sanjeevarayaswami Temple (opposite the Hathiramjee Mutt)
* Sri Eduru Anjaneyaswamy Temple.
Each of the Lords are stunning in their majesty-esp Parthasarathi
Andal is another form that will stay with you for a long time
Dont forget to stand and look uppppp at the Gopuram
Private Reply to Shobha(usha) gowri (new win)