|Jul 21, 2007 3:08 pm
||re: re: meeting and interacting through Ryze ...
My Ryzing is two months short of four years now.
Ryze is a special place for me (obvious to you ?) due to the quality of people here ...
... but moreso for the ways Ryze enables to interact with each other
- what other social networks try to achieve.
I have learned from many people, helped other ways by a good number more.
Ryze is about MORE than business : )
Most of those I invited to join Ryze when I "discovered" it are inactive in Ryze
- though quite active in real life.
Some were Ryzers for a while, but real world duties and responsibilities leave them little Internet time.
Others never quite caught on to what Ryze, or even social networking, is about, or chose not to be involved, seldom explaining to me why.
Performance of Ryze as a website / service is excellent IMO - the occasional "Performing Maintenance" signal is to be expected, and has almost always come at the end of a work day (for me) - the beginning or middle for someone else : )
Message delivery is prompt with rare exception - the only oddity I find is that during the last two or three months the order of message delivery gets confused; that is, a reply to a forum post may arrive before the notice of the original post (not a major difficulty).
At present, I suppose that I will remain with Ryze as long as I am on the Internet, maintaining my Gold status which delivers value in excess of cost.
A partial list of "accomplishments" while on Ryze:
1. Refined my written communication, which continues to evolve as I continue to practice..
2. Found my "voice" in certain areas and continue to develop a variety of approaches in style.
3. Delved deeper into certain "social" areas to gain more knowledge of history and relationships.
4. Found numerous new friendships on a variety of levels.
5. Provided "an ear" to numerous people who have since moved into a more productive stage.
6. Delivered a computer to somone who would have been off the Internet otherwise.
(shipping cost more than the computer)
7. My quality of life is improved from interaction - from new knowledge and caring of others.
8. My effectiveness beyond Ryze is improved and my expectations are perhaps more realistic.
9. ... and more
Ryze is working for me ... and my frustrations have little to do with Ryze
- more with my own lack of organization.
Private Reply to James Booth (new win)