Here is a tip. And, the steps.
1) Schedule a nice place to have a business mixer and have someone to host that mixer. So, right off the bat you have both a location and a host.
2) Schedule the mixer for two hours on a weekday after work rather than a weekend. Have a "loose" but definite agenda for the mixer.
3) Provide food, refreshments, and request folks bring door prizes relating to their business in addition to business cards. (Not everyone will bring a door prize. But, you will be surprised how many people will if you simply make the request.)
4) Have a Wifi set-up through Skype so you can have virtual guests join your mixer.
5) Create an Evite invitation for your mixer and send it out to get an idea as to who plans to attend. Add audio clip website links to your Evite from some of the special folks who plan to be virtual guests via Skype.
6) Put out a press release about your mixer to the local newspapers - both online and off - at least two weeks prior to your mixer's debut.
7) Print and distribute actual fliers for the mixer. Be sure to include a Squidoo lens address in the flier with a link to the Evite invitation on the Squidoo page.
Would you like to see a real-life example of a business mixer that is doing this RIGHT NOW? Click here.
Attract more customers!
Private Reply to Lamar Morgan 954-603-7901 (new win)