| Anu girl,
my two posts about Ravanan is connected to what I have said in my earlier post.
For one, if you had read our SD thread , you would have seen that these epics have gotten their share of pounding as well as praise.
The cinematography like you had said was brilliant. But a repetition of the same greenery over and over again becomes annoying. One feels that ideas were plucked out of avataar.
The editing was extremely bad. Here are some scenes which have raised some questions.
1) Why did Raagini come in a boat all by herself? is this a reference to seethA walking out of the kudil? Does not Gel
2)The inspector hears a gun shot while starting to shave and washes his face to go ahead and capture veera, but the next scene he fights with a clean shaven face.
3) All the rest of the cast look vastly dirtied living and hunting in forest. The inspector is always clean and so is raagini.
4) Raagini comes in a train to the village, and suddenly withing 14 days starts talking colloquial tamizh
5) Raagini suddenly sports Hawaii chappals.
6) The character of raagini is deep but has been made as side role by Aishwarya's acting
7) Looks like vikram and santhosh sivan defended the storyline against Big B 's tweets. But that explanation though convincing did not translate into the movie.
8)Mani did fail in bringing the best of Vikram, other directors have done better. Vikram is capable of doing lot more. Repeating the same words for 5 seconds and therefore wasting about 700 frames is not acting. He shines only in the last few frames when he doubts raagini .
9) Audience who are used to seeing the zee tv serials might like the hindi version. Yes the movie took a deep nose dive as a non-stop teleserial (without ads) and that is why the disconitnuity between scenes failed the movie.
10) I have never watched priyamani acting. therefore I found her living upto what her character was.
11) Like I have said, Mani has tried to live his past glory in this movie. Frame by frame one can relate to one of his old movies nothing new.
12) Suhasini has tried. Her way of writing is like a dialog writer who can do well in slapstick comedy. Now I am not saying writing slapstick comedy is easy. But that way of dialog writing does not suit a serious subject like ravanan
Of course you should also read our own " A Ryze Chennai Presentation" at Chennai Presentationfor a better storyline and actually contribute to that. After starting that story I know how difficult it is for a common man to understand one's though process. Professionals in the field of mass communication should understand that first.
Private Reply to Ganesh Ram (new win)