|Jun 18, 2010 6:18 am
||Job opening for reporters, copyeditors
| Kirti Pandey
Openings For Journalists
TickerNews Service has openings for young journalists to report on events real-time that interest every one in India's financial sector--farmers, bankers, brokers, corporate executives, economists, investors, and government officials. We want to expand our bureaux in Delhi and Mumbai, and appoint news gatherers in several state capitals and industrial centres and agriculture 'mandis'.
Who Are We
* TickerNews Service, or TNS, is the editorial division of TickerPlant Ltd. We are the sole Indian financial news agency with its own proprietary electronic dissemination platform. The MarketView platform carries our real-time news with financial market data from India and abroad. TickerPlant is part of the Financial Technologies group, which is a promoter of India's largest commodities exchange, MCX.
What Do We Do
* We report on events as they happen; newsmakers talk to us. We report from Parliament, from RBI, from corporate headquarters, from the farmlands. We report and provide insights on the stock and bond markets, and on prices and supply and demand in the crude oil, bullion and foreign exchange markets. We follow the monsoon's progress and visit farms across the country to report on sowing and harvest. We write on the latest economic developments in India and abroad, and how events in one ties-up with happenings elsewhere. We use the latest technology to gather and distribute our news. We provide blow-by-blow accounts of news events, cutting edge analyses and exclusives and scoops.
Who Are TickerNews Customers
* Our news assists CEOs and retail investors, big bond dealers and soybean farmers, finance ministry officials and economists in decision-making. TV news stations are our subscribers.
Where Are Our News Bureaux
* The main editorial offices of TickerNews Service are in New Delhi and in Mumbai. We have correspondents in several market towns, including in Indore, Rajkot, Guntur, Kochi, and Nizamabad, and state capitals such as Bangalore and Jaipur.
Why Work With Us
* Accuracy, speed, eye for detail, depth, innovation, integrity mark our reporting. These premises underlying our operation and our team of journalists provide the perfect setting for young graduates to learn the ropes of financial journalism.
Who Should Apply
* Young graduates with good communication skills, who like to write, are computer and Web savvy, like news, and with wide interests. We like people with interesting hobbies. Twork with us it would help if you know how government and companies function and about the economy and markets.
The TickerNews Team
* Our 50-strong team has journalists with proven record of groundbreaking and innovative wire reporting, scoops and exclusives, and copy editing, and have worked in senior positions in Indian and foreign news wires and publications. The team includes several founders of Crisil MarketWire and NewsWire18, and journalists from wire services such as BridgeNews, PTI, Bloomberg, Reuters, Dow Jones, and UPI.
For more on opportunities at TickerNews, contact
Feroze Chandra, Editor-in-Chief
Newsroom +91 (22) 61475200; Cell +91 99302 67651
Visit www.tickerplantindia.com www.ftindia.com
Mumbai News Bureau,
123 Mittal Chambers,
Mumbai 400 001.
Phone +91 (22) 61475200
Private Reply to Kirti Pandey (new win)