|The ABHP - A Bit of Humble Pie Network is not currently active and cannot accept new posts|
|OT: What Do You Read??||Views: 1736|
|Mar 20, 2011 11:23 pm||OT: What Do You Read??||#|
|A little political humor ... |
1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.
2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.
3. The New York Times is read by people who think they should run the country and who
are very good at crossword puzzles.
4. USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but donít really
understand The New York Times. They do, however, like their statistics shown in pie charts.
5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldnít mind running the country ó if they could find the time ó and if they didnít have to leave Southern California to do it.
6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country and did a poor job of it, thank you very much.
7. The New York Daily News is read by people who arenĎt too sure whoís running the
country and donít really care as long as they can get a seat on the train.
8. The New York Post is read by people who donít care who is running the country as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.
9. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country but need the baseball scores.
10. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who arenít sure if there is a country or that anyone is running it; but if so, they oppose all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are handicapped minority feminist atheist dwarfs who also happen to be illegal aliens from any other country, or galaxy, provided of course, that they are not Republicans.
11. The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line at the grocery store.
12. The Minneapolis Star Tribune is read by people who have recently caught a fish and
need something in which to wrap it.
Wonder which one Obama reads?!
Answer .... Obama reads a Teleprompter. ;)
Private Reply to Michael Lemm
|Mar 25, 2011 10:16 pm||re: OT: What Do You Read??||#|
Lamar Morgan 954-603-7901
Coming from Northern California to Florida, I can really identify with that political humor regarding all of California. I can also identify with the humor directed at South Florida, which happens to be where I live now.
But, speaking seriously for a moment. It seems to me that with the onset of social media, people are not reading the standard news as much as they are reading each other. With all the blogging and micro-blogging that is going on these days, what's happening newswise does not come so much from traditional media sources as it does from ordinary people. Consequently, there is real VALUE in ordinary people connecting and staying connected with each other.
But, how do you do that in an easy and simple way? Just being on a social network is NOT the answer. The answer lies in being connected with your contacts together in a cybercloud, so you can never get lost from one another.
And, how is that done? Click here.
Private Reply to Lamar Morgan 954-603-7901
|Mar 29, 2011 5:59 pm||re: re: OT: What Do You Read??||#|
|Dang it Lamar .... there you go again. Taking a thread and hijack the direction to promote something. My post was a joke. Something to inject some humor. NOT another opportunity for you to tout your latest interest!|
You're ruining your reputation with this type of behavior. I know you can do differently. FYI .... I'm usually very slow to get ticked off .... but you're ticking me off.
Private Reply to Michael Lemm