|Post New Topic|
|Can you write better than a 5th grader?||Views: 216|
|Sep 27, 2012 9:05 am||Can you write better than a 5th grader?||#|
|It could be a new show for Jeff Foxworthy. I'm often amused (sometime irritated) by things I see in newspapers, maazines, and news articles on the internet distributed by major networks and news sources. These typos and frequent cut and paste errors leave me wondering what happened to the old fashioned editor... or spell check for that matter.|
Last night I heard from a friend of mine, one who really does edit articles, that she had just finished a submission from a writer (stating she used the term loosely) that included the letter "n" for and and the letter "u" for the word "you"!
Maybe I should go back into editing... then again there are fewer headaches by going to Jay Leno's HEADLINES and really getting a chuckle.
Private Reply to Gery DiMarco
|Sep 28, 2012 6:54 am||re: Can you write better than a 5th grader?||#|
|We just put a List of real advertisements in our |
1. Auto Repair Service. Free pick-up and delivery. Try us once, you'll never go anywhere again.
2. Mt. Kilimanjaro, the breathtaking backdrop for the Serena Lodge. Swim in the lovely pool while you drink it all in.
3. The hotel has bowling alleys, tennis courts, comfortable beds, and other athletic facilities.
4. Dinner special - Turkey $2.35; Chicken or Beef $2.25; Children $2.00.
5. For sale: antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large drawers.
6. Now is your chance to have your ears pierced and get an extra pair to take home.
7. Tired of cleaning yourself? Let me do it.
8. See ladies blouses. 50% off!
If you would like to see a sample of what we do.
you can view it here.
No pressure. Just a peek.
Also If you would like to give me a guest article. (no cost)
I would be delighted to put it in a future publication.
This goes out to over 27k people. so If you do, please do not forget to give me a link to your site.
It goes out bi-weekly.
Private Reply to Gillian Linge