|The 1 Stop Biz Resource Network is not currently active and cannot accept new posts|
|ARTICLE; How to promote your website without spending money||Views: 269|
|Apr 25, 2005 8:54 pm||ARTICLE; How to promote your website without spending money||#|
|"Jump Start Your Site FREE! How to promote your website without spending money..."|
Being the owner of 4 sites it is easy to say I need to get creative in finding ways to try and advertise my sites. I do pay to promote my sites on other websites, and also do some pay per click sometimes too, but I soon learned there are many FREE methods of advertising available.
I want to share with you all the free methods I have found to promote my business for free. A lot of times a site will offer at least one type or more of some type of free advertising ways for you to promote your site. This is a great way to gain extra exposure for free. You just need to know where to look!
I have listed below the most common free methods that I have found:
1) Link Exchange - This is where you place your text link on the person's site in exchange for you placing their link on your site!
2) Banner Exchange - Again, like link exchange but you swap banners or button sized images, which is usually more exposure then just a text link exchange.
3) Weekly or Monthly Stories/Articles - This is where you can submit a work at home story or article you wrote. If your story is featured you will usually receive a link to your site for the credit
4) Top Sites List - add your banner freely to top sites lists. You can get your banner raised higher by putting a vote for you button on your site.
5) Free Classifieds - Many WAHM websites offer a free classified section which usually has a work at home opportunities and sometimes a shopping/selling board too!
6) Webrings - You can make a webpage to place all your webring codes on so you can participate and add your site to as many webrings as you can that interest you.
7) Become a site's partner - Some sites have an area for you to become a partner with that site, this is usually for those whom own their website fully though. Each site has their own rules on becoming a partner.
Good luck in promoting your site and don't forget to check for all the free advertising methods I mentioned above the next time you visit a website.
Article Written By: Christina Lunceford, a work at home mom of 3 children. Visit her at http://www.MommyClassifieds.com and http://www.wahmbuzz.com. Also visit her ryze page at http://www.ryze.com/go/MommyClassifieds
(feel free to use this article on your site or newsletter if you like, just keep bottom credit intact ok!)
submit your articles free!
Private Reply to T.E.A.M. Mom!