Well the first step is to pick one business to focus on...:)
Here are some additional steps to start and test your Internet marketing.
1. Identify a narrow target market to start with - one that has a high
demand for the product/service you are offering.
2. Offer a product or service in demand to your chosen target audience.
3. Set up a landing page offering one product to one target audience
where they can buy right online. You can test how well your landing page
is converting by setting up a couple of landing pages with different wording and
seeing which converts best.
4. Put an advertising tracking system in place like 1ShoppingCart or
Ultimate Affiliate Manager.
5. Start advertising and marketing online, ensuring you are using the
tracking system for each one. Some techniques you can use include:
- Online networking like Ryze
- Online classified ads
- Pay per click advertising through search engines
- Advertising on other web sites that reach your target market
- Advertising in newsletters that reach your target market
- Free advertising exchanges like Instant Buzz (ask me for an invitation)
- Setting up a program to reach "influencers" that reach your target market
6. Evaluate each technique monthly and dump the non-performing
advertising. Expand what is working.
7. Once you have one product and target market working well, you can
expand to more.
Testing and tracking are critical to your success. Otherwise, you will
have no idea which of your marketing methods is working.
Coulson, "The E-Business Tutor"
Download my FREE e-book, "Promote
Your Web Site for Free"
Internet Marketing Tools
Private Reply to Garland Coulson