User Experience (Usability)
|Jun 08, 2006 11:16 am
||Usability Engineer Position with Honeywell, Bangalore
| rahul arora
|| Honeywell Technology Solutions Labs is the regional engineering and technology center of excellence, providing value to Honeywell's businesses through world-class software product development and support, research and technology development, digital works and consultation. The lab is rapidly expanding to include hardware engineering including mechanical and electronics engineering analysis and product design. (http://www.honeywell.com)
The User Centered Design Team at Honeywell Bangalore is responsible to support product groups and development teams to conceptualize the product offerings. This team also work towards improving the user experience of existing product portfolio.
We are looking for a 'Practitioner' level resources for User Centered Design Team.
Number of Positions: 2
Education: Formal Training / Education in Human-Computer Interaction Design, Visual Communication, New Media Design
Experience: 2 to 5 years, preferably in a software product based environment (Web, Client Server, Smart Clients, Mobile)
Core Skills & Responsibility:
1. Must have demonstrated skills in User Research, Scenario Building, Concept Generation, Prototyping, Heuristic Analysis, Usability Testing etc
2. Create task flow diagrams, define navigation and interaction pattern, Create UI prototype, storyboards and guidelines for UI development
3. Manage the user experience and interface design effort, including the visual design
4. Inclination to understand and solve complex technical issues pertaining to human computer interaction
5. Obtain stakeholder buy-in for the proposed designs and mentoring of internal teams on usability and user centered design
6. Conduct quality evaluations to ensure the user experience vision, design and standards are being fulfilled in the applications
7. Work on multiple projects within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in a faced paced environment.
1. Creative and Proactive
2. Excellent Visualization Skills
3. Excellent Communication Skills: Should have the ability to talk and discuss with internal and overseas partners directly.
4. Expertise in software like flash, Photoshop, CorelDraw and good understanding of prototyping tools
Interested candidates should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Reply to rahul arora (new win)