|The The CopyWriters Connection Network is not currently active and cannot accept new posts|
|Successful Email Advertising||Views: 322|
|Feb 20, 2006 6:17 pm||Successful Email Advertising||#|
|Successful Email Advertising|
Email advertising has received quite a beating over the
last few months. Many argue that it is “dead” and at the
least has lost much of its effectiveness. However this is
far from the truth. The way we do email marketing may have
changed somewhat, but it is still a very effective way of
marketing when it is done correctly.
What not to do.
1. Write to those who have never requested information from you. This is SPAM and will get you into serious trouble. Anti Spammers are very dangerous for your business.
o They will complain to your autoresponder service and get your service shut down.
o They will complain to your ISP and get your internet shut down
o Complaints will black ball your business and destroy everything you have worked so hard to build.
o Complaints to your Sponsors that you affiliate for, resulting in your being banned and loosing any commissions you may have accumulated.
2. Advertise to your list too frequently. This will give you many unsubscribes, reduce response to your ads and those of your advertisers.
3. Allow poor quality or non-targeted ads to be shown to your list. Monitor every ad that you send and be careful not to let through ones that are substandard or will not interest your subscribers.
4. Not publishing a quality newsletter.
What you should do to make your email campaign a success.
1. Personalize every promotion you send out. Personalized email promotions have a much higher conversion rate for sales.
2. Publish your newsletter regularly and always make sure you have a high standard of quality content. This will keep your readers happy and ensure a steady open rate.
3. Target all ads to suit your list’s needs and wants. This will give you and your advertisers the maximum response and conversion rate
4. Track and test all ads for click through and sale conversion.
5. Keep a record of all advertisers especially repeats. Give your repeat customers a little extra bonus or discount.
6. Keep a record of all your ads that had good response and repeat them. Build on your successes and learn from your failures.
Email marketing is still a powerful way of marketing. Much of its effectiveness depends on how you build your list. Always try to build a targeted list with people who are interested in your products and services. Your whole email campaign will depend on the responsiveness of your list.
Private Reply to Cathy Qazalbash
|Feb 21, 2006 1:35 am||re: Successful Email Advertising||#|
A great article and analogy of email. I might
add that E-mail marketing to skyrocket higher.
While there has been no dramatic recent surge
in the cost of sending e-mail blasts to prospects
and customers, delivery rates are being reduced
in many cases by over-enthusiastic spam filters
and other things. This is driving the cost per
delivered e-mail substantially higher.
Private Reply to Steven Boaze